Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Good news, bad news

Short post today.

In the bad news department, it looks like my original roommate situation isn't going to pan out.  That makes things more expensive again, but I'm not too concerned.  I'm sure I'll still be able to find a roommate before Gen Con.  If not, I guess I'll just pay a little bit more for the hotel.

In the good news department, I swung by Saltire Games for the first time after work today.  Wow!  I didn't know we even had a good game store in town.  I was initially put off by their ad in last year's Gen Con booklet.  They made the store sound like it was just for miniatures gamers.  Turns out their selection overall is excellent. I didn't buy anything this time, but saw Burning Wheel, Dragon Age RPG, and a lot of old stuff like some 3rd edition D&D source books I want (and at half the price I can find them on Amazon!), and old Traveler stuff.  I might end up spending some money at this store. I had to make a save vs. willpower to leave the store without pulling out my wallet today.

I want to visit Gamerz in Greenwood too, but that's over an hour drive from my house.  Not sure when I can make it down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment