Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Moar Gamz

I acquired two more small games today.  Cthulhu Dice and Gloom.  Thanks very much to @ChronicGeek for recommending Gloom.

Cthulhu dice is pretty much exactly what I expected it to be:  A fast, take anywhere, get some interaction among gamers going, type of game.  What a fantastic ice breaker.  I'll just be carrying this one around with me I think.

Gloom looks pretty much amazing.  In this card game you try to kill off your family in the most humiliating way, reducing their lives to the pit of despair before finally doing them in.  The person with the lowest score in the end wins.  As a goth, I must say that this game grabs and tugs at my dark sense of humor like my dog on anything I don't want her to have.  The cards themselves are pretty cool as well, being clear mostly so you can play by overlaying points and effects.  My only issue so far is that the material can be a bit clingy (sticky card is sticky!).  I get the impression that this tendency to cling together goes away with time though.  I can't wait to sit down and play this one.  Looks good for a lot of socializing and laughs.  I also like that the writers encourage you to tell stories of woe as things happen to your family members.

That's two more small games for Gen Con next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment